Getting stuck? Facing a challenge or just feeling really down? Check out this list of to dos to put you on the right track. Succeeding in the film industry is no easy task, and you’re going to need all the help you can get. And hey, it’s ok to ask.
What you can do for your film career:
1. Ignore negative criticism of your work and commit to better standards.
2. Stay focused on what it is that you want, not what society is dictating that you should do.
3. Don’t let some piece of paper, diploma dictate how you should apply for jobs.
4. Accept failure and try again, even if others say you have failed and should give up.
5. Eat vegetables (Really? Yes, they actually help you think more clearly).
6. Exercise more regularly to keep your energy up, and your mind fresh.
7. Don’t sit around and wish for a better outcome, take direct action on what you want.
8. Help others where you can as that will bring you rewards in the future.
9. Give yourself a chance when things are looking bad, and don’t be too pressured to achieve.
10. Go the extra mile to learn new things that will help you improve.
11. Get advice from experts who know better than you what to do.
12. Don’t be afraid to invest in yourself. Put down the beer, and pick up a book.
13. Look at all possible avenues for promotion even if you have 0 budget.
14. Don’t let money problems prevent you from seeking advice.
15. Develop an inner circle where you can pool resources with friends.
16. Volunteer for a good cause using the skills you know, and perfect them.
17. Reach out to people you don’t know and attend networking meetups.
18. Know your limitations and adapt so that you can give yourself a good, balanced life.
And to cap it off guys, check out this video, which explains a philosophy that can help you think more openly about what you want and how to get it: